Home| Search

Law Office of Joseph C. Grasmick --Business Immigration--
Established in 1979

Grasmick's TN List
»Easy Print« Version

(From TN-1 NAFTA Home Page: A U.S. Immigration Permit Only For Canadians http://www.grasmick.com/nafta.htm)

Unless noted otherwise, the following professionals qualify for TN-1 status if they have a baccalaureate degree or a licenciatura degree in their professions:

  • Accountant (baccalaureate, CPA, CA, CGA, or CMA) 
  • Actuary (Subcategory of Mathematician, below. Must be in a U.S., Canadian or Mexican professional actuarial association or society.)
  • Agriculturist/Agronomist
  • Animal breeder
  • Animal Scientist
  • Apiculturist
  • Architect (baccalaureate or state/provincial license. Also see Landscape Architect, below)
  • Astronomer
  • Biochemist
  • Biologist (Includes Plant Pathologist, below.)
  • Chemist
  • Computer systems analyst Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years' experience
  • Dairy Scientist
  • Dentist (DDS, DMD, or state/provincial license)
  • Dietician (baccalaureate or state/provincial license)
  • Disaster Relief Insurance Claims Adjuster Must have:
    • baccalaureate or 3 years' experience in claims adjustment, and
    • completed training in appropriate areas of insurance adjustment pertaining to disaster relief claims
  • Economist
  • Engineer (baccalaureate or state/provincial license)
  • Entomologist
  • Epidemiologist
  • Forester (baccalaureate or state/provincial license) (Also see Sylviculturist, below)
  • Geneticist
  • Geochemist
  • Geographer
  • Geologist
  • Geophysicist
  • Graphic Designer Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years' experience
  • Horticulturist
  • Hotel Manager Must have:
    • baccalaureate in hotel/restaurant management or
    • post secondary diploma * in hotel/restaurant management and three years' experience in hotel restaurant management
  • Industrial Designer Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years experience
  • Interior Designer Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years' experience
  • Land Surveyor (baccalaureate or state/provincial/federal license)
  • Landscaping Architect
  • Lawyer (member of state/provincial bar, or LLB, JD, LLL, or BCL)
  • Librarian (MLS, or BLS. BLS must be one for which another baccalaureate degree was a pre-requisite)
  • Management Consultant Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • five years' experience in consulting or related field.
  • Mathematician (Includes Actuary, above.)
  • Medical Technologist/Medical Lab Technologist (Canada)/ Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years' experience
    (U.S. job must be in a laboratory to perform chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, or bacteriological tests, and analyses for diagnosis, treatment or prevention of disease)
  • Meteorologist
  • Nurse, Registered (must have state/provincial license)
  • Nutritionist
  • Occupational Therapist (baccalaureate or state/provincial license)
  • Oceanographer
  • Pharmacist (baccalaureate or state/provincial license)
  • Pharmacologist
  • Physician (teaching and/or research only, MD or state/provincial license)
  • Physicist
  • Physio/Physical Therapist (baccalaureate or state/provincial license)
  • Plant Breeder 
  • Plant Pathologist  (Subcategory of Biologist, above.)
  • Poultry Scientist
  • Psychologist (must have state/provincial license. Cannot qualify with just baccalaureate degree)
  • Range Manager/Range Conservationist
  • Recreational Therapist
  • Research Assistant (baccalaureate and U.S. job in a post-secondary educational institute)
  • Social Worker
  • Soil Scientist
  • Statistician
  • Sylviculturist/Forestry Specialist (also see Forester, above)
  • Teacher (baccalaureate degree: must be coming to work for a college, seminary or university only); no secondary or elementary school teaching.
  • Technician or Technologist, Scientific. (E.g.: Electronic engineering technician.) Must:
    • work in direct support of professionals in one of these disciplines:
      • biology
      • chemistry
      • engineering
      • forestry
      • geology
      • geophysics
      • meteorology
      • physics
    • possess theoretical knowledge of discipline, and
    • solve practical problems in discipline, or apply principles of the discipline to basic or applied research
  • Urban Planner
  • Veterinarian (DVM, DMV, or state/provincial license)
  • Vocational Counselor
  • Writer, Technical Publications (Technical Publications Writer) Must have:
    • baccalaureate or
    • post secondary diploma *and three years' experience
  • Zoologist

* A post secondary diploma (or certificate) is a credential from an accredited academic institution in Canada, Mexico or the U.S. showing completion of two or more years of post-secondary education.

To Top Return to the top of this page

Search | Home | FAQ | News | Order Handbook | E-mail

©2008 Law Office of Joseph C. Grasmick
Law Office of Joseph C. Grasmick, Business Immigration
300 International Drive
Williamsville, NY 14221 USA
Tel: (716) 842-3100  jgrasmick@grasmick.com

This Internet Web page is http://www.grasmick.com/tnlist.htm